Hi! It’s been a while since I posted! Saw this on Instagram last week and it’s pretty spot on:
Yes, that sums it up perfectly! I have had plenty of time to write lately but for some reason I have been finding excuses not to.
- Quit my job in January! FEELS SO GOOD!!!!! It was my first job out of college and I started it the week after I graduated, so I had been there almost 7 years! It’s nice to take a break.
- I started and completed yoga teacher training which was AMAZING! I had been living in LA for almost 6 months, but because I traveled every week, I really didn’t have a community here. I met SO many friends through this training and it’s been such a supportive and loving environment. I am very thankful for it!
- I briefly worked at a pilates studio that I love! But, quit after 3 weeks because I got a different job (and I had to start at 4:30am so….yeah, not ideal).
- Started working for my yoga friend’s studio in Malibu! I am doing customer service, giving Sound Baths and teaching yoga. It’s the most beautiful place I’ve ever been to and I am so grateful for the opportunity to work there. There’s also a lot of other fun events around the ranch that I’ve been helping out with, and we are planning a big festival at the end of June. It’s been so munch fun.
- I completed a Sound Bath training which was amazing!! And, as I said, have been giving Sound Baths at Corepower and at my friend’s studio. I will make a separate post about this later
- Went on a yoga retreat to Guatemala, led by one of my closest friends, Ashley! Will post separately about this as well
- Lots of acting and modeling gigs! Hopefully these will pick up more shortly, but in the meantime, I am enjoying the ride!
Something I’ve been noticing a lot of lately, and that’s been really bothering me, is how many men always tell me what to do or what they think is best, WITHOUT me even asking them for advice or without them really knowing me.
It’s one thing to have a conversation with a friend or close colleague where you specifically ask for advice – be it life or work. And of course, I do that often! It’s entirely different however when someone (in my experience lately, a man) tells you what to do.
Prime example: at a work lunch a few weeks ago, one of the sales guys on our team was asking me about my career goals. I told him what I liked doing and hoped to do more of, and he barks at me “You should go to grad school.” I responded “no, i don’t think I want or need to in this line of work.” and he responds “No. GO TO GRAD SCHOOL.”
It really rubbed me the wrong way because this guy 1. barely knows me and 2. has no idea my life aspirations/financial situation (not that there is one, but he doesn’t know that!), and 3. he didn’t politely suggest it or say “have you ever thought about….”, he forcefully laid his statement (not even opinion) on me.
I know a woman would be perfectly capable of doing the same thing, so I’m not blanketing this annoyance as a men-only thing, but that is what my experience has been.
This type of interaction happens to me almost weekly at work where men lay their opinions as fact without taking any consideration into what I want in life.
I created this blog as a place to share my (sometimes) unique and every day experiences, struggles and thoughts trying to figure my life out. I am hoping this blog can serve as a diary that, hopefully, others can relate to. I also just generally miss writing for fun and entertainment purposes.
A bit about me:
- 20-something female and a recent West-coast transplant by way of the Midwest
- Enjoy exercising, meeting new people and being outside
- Trying to remain faithful
- Sarcastic at times